Recipe from "Big Green Egg"
4 sweet potatoes
1⁄2 cup (125 mL) butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) buckwheat honey
1 oz (30 mL) spiced rum
1 tbsp (15 mL) orange juice
Kosher salt to taste
1) Set your EGG for indirect cooking at 500°F/260°C.
2) Place the sweet potatoes onto your EGG and close dome. Bake potatoes for 40–60 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a knife.
3) While the potatoes are baking, prepare the butter mixture by placing the butter, buckwheat honey, spiced rum and orange juice into a small saucepan and heat until the butter is melted. Season to taste with a little kosher salt. Stir and set aside, keeping warm.
4) When the potatoes are baked and tender, suck up the warm butter honey rum mixture with your injection syringe. Plunge the needle into the center of the hot potato and press the plunger on the syringe, injecting the warm butter mixture into the center. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
5) Cut open each potato and watch the hot buttery steam rise from the hot flesh. Serve immediately.