Recipe from "Big Green Egg"
8 good-quality all-beef hot dogs
8 hot dog buns
drizzle of ketchup
drizzle of mustard
chopped fresh parsley
cheeseburger mixture (recipe below)
white cheddar cheese sauce (recipe below)
1. Preheat your Big Green Egg to 425°F/218°C, and add your hot dogs to the EGG. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until charred and warm. Remove from heat.
2. Assemble your bacon cheeseburger hot dogs, by placing each hot dog on hot dog bun. Top with the cheeseburger mixture and spoon the cheese sauce on top. Drizzle with ketchup and yellow mustard. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and the reserved bacon. Enjoy!
Makes 8 hotdogs
Cheeseburger Mixture Ingredients
6 strips of bacon, diced
1 lb ground beef
1-14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
salt and black pepper
Cheeseburger Mixture Instructions
1. In a large, nonstick skillet, add the bacon. Fry over medium-low heat until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate that has been lined with a paper towel and pour out most of the bacon grease from the skillet.
2. Place skillet back on the stove, and increase the heat to medium. Add the beef to the pan and cook until brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
3. Decrease the heat to low, and add most of the bacon (reserving about 2 tablespoons for garnish) diced tomatoes, ketchup, yellow mustard, cheddar cheese, and salt and black pepper. Stir until the cheese has melted.
4. Cover and keep warm.
White Cheddar Cheese Sauce Ingredients
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cup grated white cheddar cheese
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and black pepper
White Cheddar Cheese Sauce Instructions
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter for the white cheddar cheese sauce over medium heat.
2. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute or until golden.
3. Continuing to whisk, add the milk. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until just slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in the white cheddar cheese until melted.
4. Season with a pinch of cayenne pepper and salt and black pepper to taste. Cover and keep warm until you are ready to serve.