Recipe from "Big Green Egg"
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
1/3 cup lime juice (about 6 limes)
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2" chunks (can use breast, but will not be as juicy)
2 (4.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® Whole Peeled Tomatoes, drained
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2" pieces
1 large sweet onion, peeled and cut into 1 1/2" cubes
1. To make the marinade, whisk together cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt, black pepper and cumin in small bowl until well combined.
2. Place chicken cubes in large resealable plastic bag and pour in marinade. Remove as much air as possible and seal. Place in fridge for 1-5 hours.
3. Set EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 400°F/204°C.
4. Thread Big Green Egg Flexible Skewers by alternating with chicken, tomato, peppers and onion until all ingredients are used.
5. Place skewers on EGG and grill 3-4 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through and veggies have a nice char. Remove from heat and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings