Recipe from "Big Green Egg"
8 large Jonagold or other cooking apples
1/4 cup (2 ounces) butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
8 mini Snickers bars
8 large marshmallows
8 pecan halves
Freshly grated zest of 1 lemon
1. Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 350°F/177°C.
2. With the large end of a melon baller, remove the stem and core of the apples, leaving the bottoms intact. Hollow the apples out so a Snickers bar and a marshmallow will fit inside each one.
3. With a razor knife, score the skin of the apple from top to bottom every 1/2 inch. Then score a ring around the bottom of the apple to connect all of the top-to-bottom cuts. Rub the outsides of the apples with the butter and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
4. Place the apples in a greased pan. Place a Snickers bar in the cavity of each apple and bake for 25 minutes. Add a marshmallow to the cavity of each apple and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
5. Remove from the EGG and top each apple with a pecan half and a little of the lemon zest.
Makes 8 servings